Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse collapse

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top Poster

Snowman Snowman
2074 Posts
Bluetongue
1426 Posts
carpetcleaner carpetcleaner
1402 Posts
shane13 shane13
1286 Posts
Dave MacIntosh
1237 Posts

Author Topic: Monthly Reptile Auction  (Read 15032 times)

matt06

Re: Monthly Reptile Auction
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 12:38:12 PM »
 ;) OMG that sounds awsome i think loads of people would like that but i think it should be open to people with a licence otherwise its 1 of the best idesa ive heared  :D

**Jamie**

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 01:10:42 PM »
Stencorp69
I understand what your saying, but by running this particular auction on both forums equates to a better chance of getting the most money raised for the cause.This site simply does not have enough traffic to ensure this.
Also it is against APS rules to advertise our forum there in the first place, having an auction on both sites in some ways exposes this site any way. I too would like to promote this more as a W.A based forum but there is not enough W.A keepers out there that seem to even know that reptile forums exist. I tried talking some of the Perth Reptile shops in advertising the forum in their shops but nobody to date has even bothered. I think they think that I will steal customers away or some thing. The truth is that I am far more interested in promoting the hobby here than selling reptiles and thats why I have never offered any reptiles for sale on this forum yet but have encouraged other W.A dealers to do so.

Cheers Dave

Offline stencorp69

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 07:59:56 PM »
Maybe for the next one I'll donate some advertising in the West Australia under the pets section.

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 09:39:48 PM »
Considering there is over one thousand licences issued in W.A you have to wonder why there are so few keepers who are members of any of the popular reptile forums. Its a shame really as there is a lot to share from the experiences in keeping W.A reptiles.
If you are prepared to advertise I will also contribute. If we can keep this site relatively educational based and beneficial to all W.A keepers with out any biased commercialization we might be able to get C.A.L.M to support it in regards to making it known to new keepers upon receiving their licence. I will approach them tomorrow.

Offline rob

• Just hatched
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 11:57:55 PM »
Dave sounds like a great idea, i'll be in that
hears a idea i came up with.
starting the auction on a set day of the month (eg first Wednesday of the month) so every one nose when it starts. and having the time of the auction diffrent every month (eg one or two days) so if people are working or dusy they have time to make a bid. can people make a donation to the auction.

Baxle

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 02:10:55 PM »
Hi guys I am a very recent license holder in Perth and have been looking for such a forum.

I wanted to use such forums before my first purchase as I am still not 100% certain what I want.

I also wanted to know who else is breeding WA herps as one day I would like to as well.

So keep up the good work Dave  :D

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »
We have decided to offer here a no reserve adult male woma for auction. The winner will have the chance to pick from several nice looking specimens. Please remember that our adults are all wild caught but the specimen won will be garanteed to be feeding well, will have been treated for all parasites and have captive history. I will keep this a silent auction as it seems to be what people most prefer. I will start this auction today and it will end on January the 30th. I will post up a few pic's later. Hopefully this is a chance for a new keeper to obtain a cheap highly sort after locality pacific reptile. All bidding to be sent to me by PM.

Cheers Dave

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 04:44:21 PM »
The first bid has been made and is $1000.

Cheers Dave

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 09:19:55 AM »
The second bid was recieved this morning and it is now up to $1500.

Cheers Dave

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
5 days to go until this auction finishes, so far it looking like somebody is going to get a real cheap woma. ;D

Cheers Dave

Offline africancichlidau

• Just hatched
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 08:13:10 PM »
Just make that enclosure for 4 Dave and sell me one of the females :)
Growing OLD is inevitable,
Growing UP is optional.

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 09:42:16 AM »
Well today is the final day of this first auction. Just a reminder that the winner will get to choose from several specimens.

Cheers Dave

Offline Chris

• Just hatched
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
Stencorp69
I understand what your saying, but by running this particular auction on both forums equates to a better chance of getting the most money raised for the cause.This site simply does not have enough traffic to ensure this.
Also it is against APS rules to advertise our forum there in the first place, having an auction on both sites in some ways exposes this site any way. I too would like to promote this more as a W.A based forum but there is not enough W.A keepers out there that seem to even know that reptile forums exist. I tried talking some of the Perth Reptile shops in advertising the forum in their shops but nobody to date has even bothered. I think they think that I will steal customers away or some thing. The truth is that I am far more interested in promoting the hobby here than selling reptiles and thats why I have never offered any reptiles for sale on this forum yet but have encouraged other W.A dealers to do so.

Cheers Dave

Dave try the Armadale Reptile Centre, their usually very helpful and may take some interest, especially if you place a little ad on here in the hope more people have a keen interest in both this site aswell as the centre.

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 08:29:24 PM »
I am not that big on the idea of me personally promoting some body's businesses as a given ad here, as I believe I should always behave in a neutral manner. I do however fully encourage those businesses to promote them selves here if they wish.

Any way the auction winds up in a few hours and I know that the winner is going to very very happy.
P.S this auction is a separate auction than the one currently held on APS

Cheers Dave

Offline Chris

• Just hatched
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »
do you have the thread handy?

* Top Boards

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6