Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse collapse

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top Poster

Snowman Snowman
2074 Posts
Bluetongue
1426 Posts
carpetcleaner carpetcleaner
1402 Posts
shane13 shane13
1286 Posts
Dave MacIntosh
1237 Posts

Author Topic: Monthly Reptile Auction  (Read 15031 times)

Offline pilbaralad

• Young serpent
Re: Monthly Reptile Auction
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »
Nightime temps getting down to about 8 degrees, day time still high 20's. No sightings recently in town but saw a small gwarder on the road a few days ago out of town. It was a BIG season for snakes and with all the food around they are going to breed like rabbits this next season!

Offline pilbaralad

• Young serpent
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 07:56:43 PM »
..........hhhmmmmmmm still waiting with baited breath, when oh when is this auction going to start?????

Offline nathanbrisvegas

• Young serpent
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »
i think this is an awesome idea and i think keeping it confidential would be best :) also , would it always be snakes any chance of monitors or lizards of other sorts ? this sounds very cool will be participating :)

thanks
nathan

Offline Craig

• Young serpent
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 09:24:25 AM »
Yeah, a few brevicauda  ;)

Offline nathanbrisvegas

• Young serpent
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 01:34:36 PM »
yer brevicauda , eremius or caudolineatus would be awesome :) :P lol gotta love the varanids

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »
Please be patient guys, I am still waitng for a few BHPs to feed properly as I don't want any drama's from an un happy winner later on. I have one ear marked who is eating both rats and day old chicks but he has slight damage or scarring on his prefrontal scales but I am hopeing he will look alot better after a shed. It is hard finding wild caught BHPs that don't at least some marks or scarring on them. May be I should post up a pic of him any way for comments.

Cheers Dave

Offline pilbaralad

• Young serpent
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 12:14:04 AM »
I'm not fussy Dave, like a used car really, just adds character....should be Herp ready in a couple of weeks, ordered the last of my bits and pieces yesterday to complete my vivarium then will build and check operation of thermostat/lights/timers/ceramic heater over a few days to make sure all is right to go.

Guys at work removed a 2.2 metre BHP from a built in brick barbeque today, nice big fat one, it was a little upset by the time they got it out as they had to do a fair bit of pulling and prodding to get him out, seems he had set up camp for the winter, just as well the owner didn't light the BBQ up. No pics taken unfortunately. As he was upset they couldn't handle him and reckon they almost broke the hooked gold club trying to lift him into the bag.

Offline pilbaralad

• Young serpent
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »
Dave any reason why you couldnt go for a Stimpsons first up, surely you have many more in stock than BHP's!

It would be easier to  iron out any auction difficulties with a less expensive snake to begin with...or perhaps a pair of stimi's....I know I'd like to see if I can get a pair breeding!

Just a thought.

Brett

Offline Soulweaver

• Just hatched
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 10:19:56 AM »
hi,

being a mod on A.P.S i can give you a insight into why the auction was run through pm's.

A few years back a auction was run for a sale of an animal by a member. The auction was over and the animal was sold to the higest bidder, problem was someone then offered more cash and the owner of the snake took the cash. Meaning the person who won the auction didn't get the animal.

The other reason is some people seem to take offense over silly things. In which case people can get upset by being outbidded, sounds very stupid i know, so it was best to keep it quite.

In the case that the animal has some value to it as well, like a woma or something, some people don't like to advertise the fact that they own these animals in the event of theft. Keeping thigs quite helps the winner to keep the snake quite if that is their choosing, they can advertise the fact they won if they choose, but it leaves it up to them.

Anyway that is the view point from that site, just something to think about.

SW

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »
Thanks for that advise Soulweaver, I think that is exactly how we will do it.

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 11:06:30 AM »
Next friday 16-6-06 we will be starting an auction of a Blackheaded python. All bids will need to be sent as a PM to soulweaver, a member of this site. The bidding amounts of individuals will remain private untill and unless the winner wishes to disclose who they are.
The BHP is a wild caught reptile with no scarring and eats rats and day old chickens. He is a mimimum age of two years but possiably three. I will post up a picture of him shortly.
The winner will not have to pay any additional fees like export,frieght,or C.A.L.M royalties etc. We are paying for all those fees our selves.
The money raised will be donated to APS site forum to help with their on going costs.
Soulweaver will add information on the length that this auction will run and the same auction will be run on the APS site as well.

Cheers Dave

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:19:12 AM by Dave MacIntosh »

Offline MrBredli

• Young serpent
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 11:21:28 PM »
Excellent! Good on ya Dave!

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »
Here is the BHP up for auction.

Cheers Dave

Offline pilbaralad

• Young serpent
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 08:25:02 PM »
I got to check out the BHP at Dave's today, very nice.....I can highly recommend, succesful bidder will not be disappointed.

Offline stencorp69

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
Don't want to put the downer on your auction Dave, but it aint great marketing from your forum's point of view putting it on APS. It would have been good to build up the presence of your site with the hobbists in WA and use this auction to raise its profile locally (even though I think Trueblue is located in QLD). That said and as an aside APS provides a great service to the hobby so I'm not too concerned.

Sten

* Top Boards

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6