Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse collapse

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top Poster

Snowman Snowman
2074 Posts
Bluetongue
1426 Posts
carpetcleaner carpetcleaner
1402 Posts
shane13 shane13
1286 Posts
Dave MacIntosh
1237 Posts

Author Topic: wtb  (Read 531 times)

Offline Bonem

• Just hatched
wtb
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:40:13 PM »
fairly new to keepiong reptiles - have pygmy dragons and green tree frogs - like monitors but not sure they suit beginners - want something you can see and fairly easy to keep - any suggestions....................thanks mal

Offline urodacus_au

• Reptile fossil
Re: wtb
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:07:20 AM »
Look into Ridge-tailed goannas, Varanus acanthurus. They've recently been dropped to category 3 and are probably the easiest goanna to keep on our list. Scott Ryan had some for sale on Facebook recently.

Jordan

Offline Molerat52

• Young serpent
Re: wtb
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 01:03:09 PM »
The two ridgies ive had have been a breeze to keep. If you've kept beardies I would say care is much easier.
Some advice specific to ackies would be to keep the hotspot quite hot (~60 degrees). Keep an eye when they are shedding as they can quite easily loose digits when they are young due to retained shed.
Caudos (V. caudolineatus) have been pretty easy but they can be quite the mixed bag. I've seen some extremely healthy individuals in very average looking enclosure and some ropey looking specimen in conditions that were all "by the books". They can catch respiratory infection quite easily so I don't provide permanent water bowls to ensure humidity doesn't build up.

This is just what I have found with the ones I have kept. There is certainly exceptions to the rule. I know plenty of people that started with black headed monitors having never kept lizards before and their animals thrive.

* Top Boards

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6