Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse collapse

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top Poster

Snowman Snowman
2074 Posts
Bluetongue
1426 Posts
carpetcleaner carpetcleaner
1402 Posts
shane13 shane13
1286 Posts
Dave MacIntosh
1237 Posts

Author Topic: Eye abnormality??  (Read 1218 times)

Offline zeppelyn80

• Mature serpent
Eye abnormality??
« on: October 05, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
Haven't posted for ages but thought some of you may have seen this before. Hopefully I can figure out how to post the damn pic.

I just recently acquired a new python & while photographing her this morning, I noticed something strange with her eye. First thought was partially retained spectacle but, it looks fleshy, it looks like exposed skin. The other eye also seems to have visible skin around the eye, but not as pronounced. Not sure if it's something to be concerned about. What do you think? I'm not worried about the aesthetics, just whether she is healthy.
Cheers
Lynsey

6 SWCP, 12 Womas, 3 BHPs, 3 Olives

Offline adderboy

• Reptile fossil
Re: Eye abnormality??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:58:33 AM »
Hi, Lynsey

Surprised no one has replied yet, but I'll have a go.  The flesh protruding around the eye isn't what you'd normally see, and I'd suggest checking after shedding to ensure the spectacle hasn't been retained, just as a precaution.   But otherwise it seems the snake is healthy, presumably eating and behaving normally, etc, so hopefully it will not be a problem.

Hard to know whether it will resolve itself over time, or become more pronounced.   

S

Offline Snowman

• Reptile fossil
Re: Eye abnormality??
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:35:29 AM »
The snake was seen by a vet and it appears to be scar tissue. It's healthy and not a problem so a happy result.
Can't remember what Zep said it was from, but think she said possible retained shed sometime ago.

* Top Boards

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6